Sessions last 50-60 minutes, unless extended appointment time is prearranged.
- In-network insurance rates vary
- At critical junctures, the therapist may prioritize allowing the client to work through an issue over interrupting and ending the session prematurely. If sessions are extended over 15 minutes additional fees may be charged in 15-minute intervals without prior verbal notification
Initial Session and Ongoing Sessions:
The connection between the therapist and the client is the foundation for exploration and change. When we first speak, you can tell me your concerns and we can schedule an initial intake session. During the initial intake session, we will go into detail about what brings you into therapy. You may also utilize this time to ask questions that are important to you about me or my practice.
If, after your initial intake session you decide to proceed with seeing me for therapy, we will schedule your weekly therapy appointment day and time.
Multiple forms of payment are accepted for your convenience. These include: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
I accept Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) Aetna, Cigna and United Healthcare insurances. I am also an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider. I am considered an Out-of-Network mental health provider for all other insurance providers. If I am paneled as an in-network provider with your insurance I will file for payment through your provider.
To find out if your insurance will cover my services or to find out how much you can expect to be reimbursed, prior to our consultation or first appointment, please call your insurance company to discuss the specifics of your mental health coverage. Below are some questions you should ask your insurance company regarding an “Out of Network mental health provider:”
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the reimbursement amount (usually a percentage of cost) per therapy session?
- Is prior approval required from my primary care physician?
- Do I need a certain type of diagnosis in order for my sessions to be covered?
Cancellation Policy: Please call as soon as possible if you need to cancel your appointment. You are responsible for the cost of the session which is not covered by insurance for cancellations received less than 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
If you fail to attend two consecutively scheduled sessions without notifying me, I will assume that you wish to terminate services and will terminate services accordingly. Two consecutively cancelled sessions without prior notice may result in a loss of an established appointment time.